Application for NITDA Scholarships is ongoing with the information Technology willing to sponsor qualified applicants.
The NITDA Scholarships is designed to aide proficiency in Information Technology at various levels of Post-graduate levels including Masters and Doctorate Degrees. The Scholarships targets two persons per State which includes the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The Scholarships programme will draw two persons per State for Masters level and one person per geopolitical zones for Doctorate Degree, this also includes the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Objectives of NITDA Scholarships
- The Scholarship Programme is designed to produce sound and highly competitive human capacity in the area of ICT.
- The Scholarship is designed to offer great opportunities for Nigerian Youth towards achieving their seems in ICT field.
- The Scholarship would create and provide jobs and wealth in Information Technology (IT) field.
- The Scholarships offer alternative source of revenue for Nigerian Government, moving from Natural Resources to Knowledge Based revenue.
The NITDA Scholarships Processes
- The NITDA, as an agency of Government advertises Scholarships programme in two National Dailies, As well as NITDA Website and Scholarships portal.
- The agency application portal which is www.scholarship.gov.ng is open for about six weeks before portal closes.
- After, qualified applicants would selected to participate in an aptitude test designed for applicants. Such successful applicants would be contacted through their valid email and SMS.
- Successful applicants will receive success alert via the mobile phone number (SMS).
- Applicants will undergo certificate original preview, and oral interview of applicants follows.
- Applicants will receive awards of success from NITDA.
NITDA as a Federal Government of Nigeria agency, had successfully sponsored 247 graduates to study and gain essential knowledge in Information Technology (IT). The 247 was at the Masters Levels and 24 at Post Graduates Doctorate Degrees level.
NITDA us poised with essential duty to monitoring skill gap in the field with audacious hope to create enviable workforce that can challenge the agency visions for Nigerian Economy especially in Information Technology.
NITDA Scholarships Criteria
The Scholarships Programme is purely a merit based programme. The PhD programme is distributed among the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria, and the Masters programme is available for the 36 states of the Federation with Federal Capital Territory (FCT) inclusive.
NITDA Scholarships Duration
The Masters Scholarships programme had a life span of one year, and the Doctorate Degrees has a life span of three years.
PhD: This particular programme is open for University and Polytechnic Lecturers who has degrees in Information Technology (IT).
MSC: This open to all Nigerians having their first degree in Information Technology (IT), or related fields. And Nigerian must have First Class Honours or Second Class Upper Honours before attempting to apply.